Saturday, August 28, 2010

Urban Jungle

It's Saturday in Bangkok, meaning it's time for another hunting expedition to the markets and malls for new clothes. In preparation, I donned my trusty Frye boots and my casual weekend wardrobe. It wasn't until I got into the elevator in my building that I realized I sort of looked like I was heading out on to a safari or jungle trek. Covered with plots of swamp, overgrown with trees and exotic plants, and teaming with wildlife (seriously, I've seen my fair share of snakes), Bangkok truly is an urban jungle, so I guess I was aptly dressed.


{Outfit: Frye Harness 12R boots, necklace from SF boutique Ambiance, all else Thai market}
{Looking for my trusty steed to take me through the perilous landscape}
{I'm sort of obsessed with the feather accessories sold in Bangkok- I own about 10 of the feather hair pieces}
{Ah, finally found my ride, the scooter taxi man... and yes, I do ride it side-saddle,
one of the many skill's I've acquired here}



25 comments:

  1. I think your outfit is fab....love the hairpiece....and you are toooo cute on that scooter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those boots are kinda FANTASTICAL!

    bjs!
    becky
    http://meninaelegante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome...hair piece is so cute
    http://afashionistasdreamoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that you ride side saddle! such a lady!

    the feather headpiece is my favorite part of this outfit - so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your outfit and hair! great styling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the scalloped shorts! ahh so gorgeous.


    xxmerissa
    merbri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool that you are in Bangkok! I love your Frye boots!

    xx rk
    StudioSwag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the outfit. im definitely going to put something together like this and rock it out for fall. im loving it !

    ReplyDelete
  9. my favorite part of this outfit are your pants. so cute :3

    ReplyDelete
  10. great outfit! love your hairdo.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ♥ ur outfit!

    http://waronclothes.blogspot.com/

    bisou bisou ;);*

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehe you did look a little like you were going on a safari, cute though! x

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I *love* your Frye boots and your hair accessories! So beautiful!

    -Ashley
    http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loooove your shorts and that hair accesorie is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, did you really ride the scooter taxi sidesaddle? And how did you get the picture of you on there?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so jealous that you get to shop at Thai markets... it's one of the things I miss most about being abroad. You look adorable and I ADORE the scalloped shorts!


    www.tacosandfreecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and visit all linked blogs. Feel free to email me at stephanie.soderborg@gmail.com