Saturday, August 14, 2010

gentlemen and thais prefer blondes

There is a building not too far from my house which has caught my attention every single time I go by it. Completely desolate and gutted, covered in graffiti, rubble and trash, with enormous rugs hanging along the front, something about it is strikingly beautiful. 

I finally stopped there this thursday to take some pictures, and was asked to pose for a group of photographers returning from a wedding. At first they tried to sneakily take my photo, but it took under a minute for the brave one in light green to ask if I would let them photograph me, and then I was surrounded! Surprisingly, this isn't the first time something like this has happened to me- in Asia, a true blonde is sort of like an exotic and hard to find creature, and therefore I hold some appeal to those who don't share my characteristics. Needless to say, it was very fun, especially in such a great shoot location!

{vintage shorts; Thai market shoes and shirt; ray-ban sunglasses; Stephanie Soderborg Designs earrings}

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha - this is hilarious Stef - GO MODEL YOU! I hope that you got their email addresses so you could see the final result?!

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and visit all linked blogs. Feel free to email me at stephanie.soderborg@gmail.com